Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wesson & Leavitt Revolving Rifle



Patented by Edwin Wesson and Daniel Leavitt and manufactured by the Massachusetts Arms Co., of Chicopee Falls, Massachusetts around 1850. Collectors  estimate that only between 16 - 50 of these rare rifles were manufactured and have an estimated collectors value $25,000.

It falls in that 'you got to be kiddin' category but I love these oddities and when I first saw this rifle I thought "what a fun toy, I gotta find one" but that estimated price quickly told me ---- keep dreamin'.


The rifle is based on the .40 caliber, Wesson & Leavitt "Army" revolver frame with side hammer and six-shot cylinder. An integral fixed rear sight is mounted on the top of the frame. The 24-inch round two-step barrel has a brass front sight blade.










Wesson & Leavitt "Army" Revolver


Don't miss a post from this blog
Subscribe to this blog by going to the upper right where you see "Follow this blog by using spam free Email" and enter a email address. You will be send an email each time I do a blog post. This is spam free! You will not receive any junk email! Try it, you can always cancel.